We already have a logo (as you can see in the files attached) so we want to redesign it. Below you can find what we want to keep and what we want to change.
1. Our logo have two elephants in it (a mother and a child) because, in the animal world, elephants are considered the best mothers.
They are facing each other to suggest cooperation, nu just guidance. Their trunks are united to suggest connection. And the sun suggest a bright future.
It is also a trend in parenting to speak about ”the elephant mother” as it is a parenting style different than ”the tiger mom” or ”helicopter parent”. The elephant parent is very nurturing and protective of their offspring, especially in the earliest stages of their life. In the animal kingdom, elephant mothers are protective of their young. Their babies can usually be found hovering underneath them. Often, other females in the herd rally to assist the mother in ensuring the youngest members are protected. When young elephants do encounter the dangers of their habitats, their mothers are quick to intervene. Elephant parents allow their children more flexibility and choices rather than definitive and strict guidelines that need to be followed. They may rock their children to sleep where other parents would let them cry it out. They may not require kids to stick out challenging situations, and they encourage them to be whoever they want to be. This parenting style represents the All About Parenting methodology, so we would like to keep the elephants in the logo. May be one, two or more elephants, minimalistic or not, here goes your magic.
2. We would like that in our new logo the name (All About Parenting) to have a more important role than in the previous logo. The new logo should be a combination of the name and the symbols, in which both parts (the name and the symbols) have an almost equal proportion.
3. Our actual logo is being judged as ”too childish” and for some it suggests a playground or learning courses for kids, so we would like a touch on it so the new logo would speak about the love and care of an elephant mother, but also about the professionalism which stands behind our company, the authenticity of our methodology and the trust parents can have in the parenting method we propose. When we look at this logo we want to see: ”the natural way of rising children scientifically backed-up with the latest research in education”
4. Please keep an eye on the elements of the logo so we can use them separately to enforce our brand identity in all of our communication materials. The font used in the logo should be the font we use in all of our communication materials, so please choose a good font for social media, cause most of our advertisements are videos and graphics for social media. Also, symbols from the logo (elephants and others) should be used in the brand identity pack. The purpose is to use parts parts of the logo, or derivations from them, in our communications materials (be them powerpoint presentations, infographics or video advertisements) so that people identify the All About Parenting brand from our overall design style, even if the name does not appear. We like the ”pastel” example - see attached.
5. Design the logo in a way in which we can add below the slogan or other text. Would be happy to receive some suggestions of fonts for this second text which may appear in the program`s logo.
6. Think about a logo which we can animate.
7. Don`t use abreviation (AAP).