Great work and great person to deal with. Will work with again.
Very communicative and skilled in terms of illustrations. Will definitely be hiring and using again for future projects. Excellent job and very pleased with the end result.
How lieke q started their character or mascot journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Cosmetics & Beauty
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Based on the principles of aromatherapy, we have developed a 100% natural and organic skin cream against eczema (dermatitis) for children.
Eczema is a skin condition that causes a rash and dry/irritated skin, it is a menace for children and they usually hate the mandatory treatment and care involved.
To make it more fun we decided to brand the cream as The Pirate Cream, with good pirates attacking the condition. For the product label and general marketing purposes we want an illustration of the pirates (see details below).
We are looking for a long term collaboration - the two characters will come back in different scenario's later on (color charts, social media, etc).
Additional note: the ages of the children would be anywhere between three and ten.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The characters should be as follows:
- Two pirates, a boy and a girl
- Action scene / team work: the two are together and should form one illustration
- Both should be friendly but with an attitude
- Girl: crazy hair, girl power (like the friend of Tinkerbell attached)
- Boy: very cool
- Optional: "bugs" running away as a reference to the eczema microbes
You can choose any style you like, be creative! We want to stand out and impress the kids.
What we don't want:
- the girl and the boy are equals, the boy should not be bigger or look tougher than the girl - no reference to traditional boy/girl roles (like dressing the girl in pink)
- no sexy half naked pirates
- don't make it predictable, step outside the traditional boring image of what a pirate should look like
- obviously don't copy anything already out there