This will be a logo for an annual national beef industry event. The event will be unique - unlike any other industry conference. The primary goal of the Canadian Beef Industry Conference is connectivity and will bring together all stakeholders of the Canadian beef industry for learning, networking, collaboration, planning and socializing.
Target event audiences, in order of priority include:
• national, provincial and regional beef industry organizations focused on priorities like policy, marketing, promotions or research
• Grass routes beef producers – farmers and ranchers - all producers along the continuum from those focused on genetics, have a herd of mother cows, produce forages and are stewards of grasslands, those who finish cattle for high quality beef cuts, and those who harvest them
• Meat Packers / Processors
• Food Retailers/Food Service
• Exporters / Importers
• Government (Provincial and Federal)
Some elements* that could be included into the logo to represent all aspects of the Canadian beef industry are:
• Cow (an adult female beef cow with no horns. Be careful it doesn't look like a dairy cow.)
• Beef cut or otherwise representing the consumption aspect
• Maple leaf or shape of Canada (however, if the word "Canadian" is prominent, then a maple leaf/map isn't necessary.)
• Forage/barley/corn/grass (the main cattle feeds)
*The ideas listed are only suggested ways of representing the various sectors within the beef industry and be nationally applicable, however other creative ideas might accomplish that. Don't feel obligated to include these or limit yourself to these suggestions. Concepts with stylized text only (with no images or only very small/subtle images) are welcome too.