We are a family coffee business. My father, Nghiêm Bá Thi, started roasting coffee since 1984. “PaPa Thi” is a brand that we want to honour him and make people feel the love and the connection: HIM and the coffee and HIM and the family business. He loves the art of roasting coffee: He travels through many coffee farms. He knows how coffee trees are doing well or not. He talks to many coffee farmer friends to select just the best quality bean. Then, he locks himself to the coffee roasting room to perfect his roasting. Nowadays, he is retired as a coffee veteran and we are the second generation of the family who are continuing his coffee legendary with the utmost passion and pride.
We are located in Da Lat, a beautiful city on the Highland of Vietnam. We want to make a coffee brand targeting to tourists and well-traveled young urban people. The age of customer is from 25 to 35 years old. The sex is more about gentleman.
The brand must reflect our essence: The family who is crafting their coffee day by day. They put their pride on each bean. They love the coffee farm, the nature and Da Lat City.
“PaPa Thi Coffee” represents our brand values:
1. Family: We are a 30+ years old coffee family business. We are coffee roasters. We are the second generation to run the family business. We love coffee in many aspects: Going to coffee farm (enjoy fresh air and nature, hek yeah!), talking to coffee farmers (they are really nice and kind), selecting beans, roasting coffee (you will see the climax and the intense like the action movies: flames, explosion, smoke, …)
2. Craftsmanship: We know making great coffee is a labor of love. Coffee beans must be selected carefully and the coffee roasters need to understand the bean and the art of roasting. Our coffee beans are hand picked and being selected carefully. We are roasting our coffee through the 30+ year-experienced recipe of our father Nghiêm Bá Thi.
3. Back to the roots: We want our brand “PaPa Thi” MUST NOT have anything associated with the life of the city, the busy city people, or any kind of big corporation coffee. We want our customers see our brands through the eyes of our father: Nghiêm Bá Thi. Before becoming a coffee roaster, he was an agriculture engineer who had been born in a country side. He loves nature, garden, and country-side people. He inherits many strong values from a farming family: Hard-working, honest, love people, nice and kind. The brand must have some elements of Da Lat City: the color of dirt, the green of the wood, the image of houses on the hills, the mountain, or the waterfall, the farmers …
4. Da Lat City: Da Lat City was the place where my father met my mother. They founded the family and decided to open a small coffee roasting workshop. My father has been improving his roasting art and inspiring his children about coffee in this city. Also, Da Lat is the only place in Vietnam can grow high quality Arabica bean. The highland here is on the 1650 meter above the sea and it is blessed with volcanic soil, cool dry and sunshine weather. Top of that, we have a French-influenced culture and wonderful nature with mountains and waterfalls (please do some research about Da Lat city before you design, you will fall in love!).
- The article writing about my dad - Nghiêm Bá Thi: http://baolamdong.vn/kinhte/201201/…e-2148872/
- For more Da Lat info: http://wikitravel.org/en/Dalat