Brand Name: Burke Avenue
What I am looking for in a logo design?
Like everyone, I am in search of an eye-catching logo that peaks the interest of the consumer.
- Clean Sans Serif font
- A logo that stands out as a blend between modern & contemporary.
- A font that is simple, strong, to the point, luxurious, yet in the same sense does create a look or feel of “exclusivity”.
- A logo that would catch the eye of a woman (for gift purchases) but has the distinct appearance of being for a man.
- A logo that appears friendly, approachable, confident and smart (as in a wise purchase).
- Open to symbols that can be incorporated into the logo but would like for it to have the capability of being used as a standalone and also work alongside vertically or horizontally next to font name.
- Open to colors. However would prefer them to be only for the purposes of being used as an accent (i.e background, of individual letter(s)).
- Open to having potential symbol have color. But for simplicity no more than 2.
The name Burke Avenue is the 1st street name I lived on when my family moved to Bronx, NY from Jamaica. The year was 1981, and I was 4yrs old. I lived on that same street for the next 10 years becoming fully immersed in the New York City culture. This is the city and borough that shaped my mind as it relates to style (fashion & hair), music, street smarts and ambition. Essentially, my core make-up was heavily influenced by this city, this street named Burke Avenue.
The brand that I am developing is an effort to do the same in the men’s grooming market. Each product and market position should influence the awareness as to “why” the consumer purchases these products above other competitors, therby creating not only loyalty but also a true experiential sense of a product created with them in mind.
**Other logo image ideas/concepts attached in BurkeAvenue file
**Picture jar that logo will be printed on attached