The packaging is just a flat cardcoard (thickness 2 mm). The outline of the cardbord is attached to this briefing. We need a design for each the front and the back.
The product will be wrapped around the cardboard in the curved outline area (see outline file). That means where the product is wrapped around the cardboard there the cardcoard cannot be seen as long as the product isn't removed. Anyway this area should/can also be used for the design except for primary information.
The following elements must be integrated into the design:
- logo "walrus" (with "(R)" for registered trademark), attached
- brand name "Badulo" with subtitle "Headware" (with "(R)" for registered trademark), attached
- product category name "Multifunctional Headware"
- product sub-category name "Basic"
- text "One Size"
- text "Adult"
- how-to-use icons, attached (colors can be changed; variation name e.g. "balaclava" may be removed if it fits your design better)
There will be other categories, sub-categories, sizes and models (e.g. for kids) later. So these specifications ("Multifunctional Headware", "Basic", "One Size", "Adult") serve as differentiator to the customers and must be exchangeable for later cardboard designs.
- logo and brand name again; arrangement, colors and so on of logo and brand name can differ from that one on the front
- place holder for EAN code (EAN code will be placed on the cardboard during production as a sticker; production workers need a support where to place the sticker exactly); it is important, that the EAN code is not covered by the product so it's always possible to scan the EAN code
- textile care symbols, attached
- material text "Material: 100 % Polyester (Mikrofaser)"
- company text "olly UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Waidmannstraße 1, 22769 Hamburg, email@example.com" (legal information), small on the edge, perhaps edgewise
- more legal information: "(c) 2018 olly UG (haftungsbeschränkt), alle Rechte vorbehalten", also small on the edge, perhaps edgewise
- recycling icon, attached
- characteristics as a listing: "multifunktional, atmungsaktiv, windabweisend, nahtlos, flexibel" (meaning, just for your understanding: multifunktional = multifunctional, atmungsaktiv = breathable, windabweisend = windproof, nahtlos = seamless, flexibel = flexible)
- it would be great (but not necessary) if you create icons for that 5 characteristics mentioned above, that fit to your design
- text "Bitte verwende einen Waschbeutel zur Reduzierung von Mikroplastik im Abwasser! Suche online nach 'Waschbeutel Mikroplastik'!" (that means: "Please use a washing bag to reduce micro plastic in effluent! Look online for 'washing bag micro plastic'!")
- specifications as a listing: "Maße ca. 24,5 cm x 50 cm" (dimensions), "für Kopfumfang 53 bis 62 cm" (head circumference); perhaps as icons
You may seperate the walrus logo from the brand name "Badulo". You can change the sizes, rearrange them and so on. It is just important, that both the walrus and the brand name are visible.
You can choose a color setting that fits most to your idea. But PLEASE CONSIDER: There will be products with different colors and patterns using this single cardboard design! That means: The cardboard design and its color setting must fit to all of these different product colors and patterns. So we think the cardboard color setting should be discreet to meet this requirement.
The cardboard design should appear high quality to underline the high quality, modern and functional headware product. Apart from that we would love to see your own design ideas!
Would be great if you create designs that YOU would think about: "Wow, that's a really cool packaging design!" :-)
Have fun! :-)