The primary goal of this project is an improved design for the problem graphs. These graphs are the most important aspect of CarComplaints.com & they define the site. I'm looking for a graph design that is very unique, textured with unique design elements, but without being too distracting. I don't want anything futuristic or super clean. I want textured & possibly "retro" themed.
We are also looking to improve & possibly simplify the layout of each page, but keep the content elements essentially the same. I'd like the layout of each page reworked to use a wider area that matches our new website header (~1200px total).
IMPORTANT: I'm not really looking for a new website header design. Redesigning the problem graphs & the page content listed below are the main focus of this contest. Hopefully that's clear.
The pages are:
- Simplify the long list of choices in the middle. The 5 main choices are "Current Defect Trends" ,"Worst Vehicles", "Best Vehicles" & "Search Complaints". Each of those could have a small "summary" area where we show some of the top choices/links with a "view more" link.
- Redesign to use the wider area
- Fit in better with website header
Make & Model Overview:
- Redesign vehicle sub-header (area just below the site header)
- Redesign the "worst problems" section to fit in better
- More cohesive look overall
Vehicle & Category Overview (identical design elements)
- Redesign graphs -- THIS IS THE PRIMARY GOAL
- Redesign page, especially the top area with the statistics
- Better layout/display of the individual owner comments