What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
SmoothChinaTravel.com is setting up to offer guided tour packages within China. We're developing this site right from the start. The site will promote packaged deals, and sell the packages online.
The number of packages offered will be small - competitors offer tours and packages in a great many countries while we will focus exclusively on China.
- http://www.helenwongstours.comOf these competitors, we like Intrepid Travel the most. The design, site structure, and page layout are very appealing.
We're looking for a bright vibrant and exciting design. We don't have a logo yet - we'll probably just go with some fancy text, so try to incorporate that.
The site will need to have a homepage, pages for text/articles, a page for each tour, itinerary etc. We'll need a booking page for tours too. We'll include video on a lot of pages - advertisements for locations, traveler's stories, helpful phrases, etc.
We envision the design having a small banner at the top, a horizontal main menu under that, then split into a left sidebar and a main content area. The left sidebar will contains links and forms for Newsletters, Brochure Request, Tell A Friend, Chat to an Operator, FAQ, and contact details.
See: http://www.tailored.com.au/smoothchinatravel/ for a lightweight mockup of the layout. If you have a better idea, feel free to try it out.
You're not required to create a seperate design for each page type, as the difference between these pages will all be in the content area. Bonus points for showing what these elements can look like (booking form, tour details, itinerary, etc).
- Bright, existing design
- Bonus points for Chinese colors and themes
- Expandable top menu
- Side Column (newsletter, brochure request, tell a friend, live chat, tell a friend, common questions, phone number.
- "Hero" photo at top of content column on most pages
- Deliverable should be a layered PSD file.
- No expensive stock photos - We'd prefer you use istock